Sunday, January 24, 2010

Scrumptious Spot 1# La Boulangerie



Being a perfect foodie, I love to hop around restaurants and eat outs. I thoroughly enjoy trying out new varieties of food and different cuisines. So here comes my new section where I would pen down my experiences, views and lot more about the truly "Scrumptious spots" that I visit. :) Hope it would be a good food guide to people in Chennai :)


Scrumptions Spot 1# - LA BOLANGERIE


La Boulangerie

La Boulangerie is a french bakery as it says and it keeps up the promise too. ;)

I hopped into the Kotturpuram branch when I was having a jolly good ride last weekend. I was more than happy that I did. It was an absolute pleasure to the tongue. :)

Warning: Pile up your calorie conscience right in front of the door and enter just to please your tongue. :)


The menu was pretty impressive and hard to decide over what to choose. They offer a wide variety of viennoiseries like raisin roll, pepito, almond puff, almond chocolate roll, croissants, chocolate roll etc. and cuisines like sausage roll, quiches, olive bouchee, finger food, vol au vent and cheese croissants.


Since I was new to french delicasies, I had no choice than to play inky pinky ponky and choose one. ;)
I choose cheese croissants and now I am a big time fan of croissants. They were so fluffy and yummm. :)


La Boulangerie5


Coming to the most drool worthy portion of the menu.. THE PASTRY :) There were again a long list of yummmmmmmmy pastries which included Chocolate Entremet, Ceyrac tea, Cashwtin, Lemon tart, Eclairs, Chocolate Mousse, Opera, Fruit tart, Marble cake, Nougat, Muffins, Coffee eclair, Chocolate tarts and more. :)

I relished a Chocolate entremet and I melted along with it.. mmmm :)


La Boulangerie3


They also have take aways like Bagel bread, Country bread, Cereal bread, Sliced bread, Madeleine cookies, Financier, Chocolate chip and assorted cookies too.


La Boulangerie4


The price is pretty reasonable for the quality that they deliver. But if you were just looking for an Iyengar bakery, then its not the place for you. :)

When I was about to leave, the staff asked me if I need some pack away. I simply smiled and said "could you pack the chef with me???" ;)



La Boulangerie1

LA BOULANGERIE is part of R.R.Hospitality and has outlets in lot of place at Chennai.

So if you drive through Anna Nagar, Ampa skymal, Besant Nagar, Kotturpuram, Mylapore, Nungambakkam or Mahindracity, dont miss to halt at this eatout. :)

Find more information as well as the locations of the outlets at: http://laboulangerie.in/









Verdict: LA BOULANGERIE is one of the best outlets where I have tasted authentic pastries and breads and is a must try eatout now at Chennai.


Written by:
Nithya
post your queries to fourthsensesamayal@gmail.com

22 comments:

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

All the best for your lovely project. Actually I was planning for it in Coimbatore. Nice to see the same idea with same wavelength from NITHYA.

Nithya said...

Wow..that should be nice.. do implement it. :) waiting to see nice places in Coimbatore too. :)

I used to get loads of chips from A1 chips everytime I visit Coimbatore. I have not been to any restaurants there. :(

Latha said...

Lovely post....It would really be helpful to all the foodie lovers :).

Rohini said...

Thanks Nithi.. I really miss Chennai when it comes to food.. You know what? I was also planning to start the restaurant review section for the Indian restaurants in Zurich.. But there are only a handful here, so I dropped the idea.. Nice to see this in your blog, now I can keep up with the gastronomical updates of Chennai.. Love you buddy :D

Rachana said...

Great post. Beautiful clicks as well.

Tina said...

Beautiful and tempting clicks dear...

Priya Suresh said...

Great post, very useful for many of chennailites..

Unknown said...

Am sure this is going to be useful!

Perspectivemedley said...

wow... great idea dear!! I had a similar idea some days back and I'm still thinking about it... how to start and go about.. The French place looks great!! and sounds delicious!!... hope I can get there sometime when I'm in Chennai :)... this will be a real useful guide to us, Thank you :)

Sailaja Damodaran said...

Looks like a lot of food chains in Chennai.Thanks for sharing this.

Anu Nandu said...

Good Luck on this project Nithya - this is indeed fun!

Man..where were these places when I was studying in Chennai - we had cakes and bakes on Nungambakkam...!!

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Hi nithi the shop is awesome.. and Even I had the idea of doing it and have many in my draft too. But here there are so many sites regarding the restuarant reviews. So I just dropped this idea and I just wanted to proceed with only food food food...But in chennai it worksout good all the best and keep going.

Parita said...

Nice post buddy!! the bakery sounds too good, wish i cud grab some pastries :-)

Menaga Sathia said...

Lovely post....

Sowjanya@Ruchikacooks said...

Good one..Good wishes for a yummy journey..I have a separate one for Texas!

Been a long time since I ate in madras..Nigris and Iyengar or Mcrennet were my favs at that time(long long ago.....)

www.ruchikacooks.com

Renuka Bedre - Rao said...

very nice idea! Keep rocking! evrythin looks so yummy!
Renuka
http://cookingyummy.blogspot.com/

Gita Jaishankar said...

Sounds good Nithya..Ill ask my sis and my in-laws to check this out...thanks for the review dear :)

Priya dharshini said...

thats really good move nithya..chennai is the great place to explore good food...This la bakery has tie up with many resturants where the dessert is served from la... i miss chennai...
oh aaaa...i am coming back next month to my fav chennai with ur giveaway goodies...

Padhu Sankar said...

Nice Idea and thanks for the nice information.

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

Great idea.always we break our head where to go out to eat.will surely help all.nice clicks.

Myvegfare said...

hi nitya, this is so fantastic, A french bakery !! wow, that's amazing!!, Now I should definitely say India is a great country when it comes to food!!, No need to go to foreign to try these things!!, what a beautiful post, I loved it, lovely photos too...

koushik said...

Hi shanthi, i am eagerly waiting for La Boulangerie in coimbatore...
i love the croissants.

Popular Posts

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
nits food clicks' items tagged with nitsclicks More of nits food clicks'
Featured on Baking is Hot
my foodgawker gallery
Foodista Drink Blog of the Day Badge