Friday, August 7, 2009

Diet Biriyani (Wheat Rava/ Cracked wheat)


Everybody dreams to maintain their shape and to be healthy too. Health and beauty are not two seperate entities at all. They go hand in hand. Being healthy is being beautiful.

I present to you a lovely diet that keeps you healthy and also tickles your tongue. :)

Wheat contains fiber and proteins that can keep you fit always. And now adding vegetables to it!!! Do I have to justify more.. :) :)


Ingredients:

Wheat rava - 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 3

Mixed vegetables (carrot, beetroot, beans, potato, peas etc) - 1 cup
Water - 3 cups
Bay leaf - small piece
Biriyani masala - 1 tbsp (I used Everest masala)
Cinnamon (pattai) - small piece

Aniseed (sombu) - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste





Method:

Take a pan and add few spoons of oil and crackle aniseeds, cinnamon and ginger garlic paste. Now add the diced vegetables, chilly, bay leaf and a little salt. sprinkle some water and let the vegetables get cooked. Once done add 3 cups of water to the pan.Now add the briyani masala with adequate salt into the water. When it starts boiling pour in the wheat rava and keep stirring to avoid lumps. Once it gets cooked and becomes thick, simmer the stove and allow it to cook for 5 min. Wheat rava biriyani is done. :)

Serve it hot with raitha of your choice. :) Happy dieting :)




And now its time to thank my blogger friend Jennifer Kumar for featuring my blog in her website Alaivani.com and in her blog shakahaari. Thanks a lot for your interest in my dishes. It makes me feel really honored and happy. :)


Written by: Nithya
post your queries to fourthsensesamayal@gmail.com

28 comments:

Ann said...

Lovely presentation and Looks so healthy and yumm

Sandhya Iyer said...

Diet uh :P Nice!

Anonymous said...

woooow!
wat a presentation dear!!!
Very useful recipe...

Vani said...

Healthier version of biryani for sure. Looks great!

Sailaja Damodaran said...

iam sure every one will try this...

Bhawna said...

Definately healthy yet tasteful. Nice recipe.

Sushma Mallya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

Definitely a very health briyain and it's one of my hubby's favorite too...

Anu said...

Please collect your award from my blog :)

Sanghi said...

Briyani with rava??? this is a lovely idea, will surely try it!

Sanghi said...

Do send some entries for my FIL-Milk event!

kittymatti said...

very interesting recipe!

Sushma Mallya said...

nicely presented nithya....new dish to me as well...will surely try ur way next time...

Shama Nagarajan said...

new innovative one dear..healthy too..nice picture

iRaw said...

Hi! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I look forward to following and trying your wonderful food creations. This dish looks and sounds delicious!

snacksgiving said...

Thanks Nithya for visiting my blog and for your wonderful comments!
You too have a wonderful blog. This biryani looks healthy and delicious. I'll try it out.
Hope to see you more often..cheers!

LifenSpice said...

Nice presentation Nithya. And nice to see your blog featured on that website. will go check it out!

Parita said...

Wow this is such unsual and different recipe dear, lovely!

Parita said...

Hey nithya, i have awards and a tag for you on my blog, pls accept the same :)

Unknown said...

That makes a good diet food! Looks yummy too.

Indian Khana said...

Very nice click looks so cute..And I made once same too..I called it upma :)

Malini Basu said...

thanks for visiting my blog and for the lovely comments...u 2 hv a lovely blog....

Divya Rao said...

This is great Nithya! I usually make it like upma, but will surely try this next time :-)

sangeeta said...

daliya is my staple ingredient these days n i love this...i make it in a different way.
you can find loads of daliya recipes n other coarse cereal recipes on my blog..
http://healthfooddesivideshi.blogspot.com/

Subhie Arun said...

wow..new dish to me..nice click..u hav wonderful site..will keep follow on

Mangala Bhat said...

wow! nice one !

Usha said...

Very healthy and delicious biryani !

Duchess of Tea said...

Hello darling, I just stumpled on your blog and now I can't leave. Everything sounds so delicious. Thanks for sharing, you certainly deserve all your awards. I just signed up as a follower.

Duchess xx

Popular Posts

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
nits food clicks' items tagged with nitsclicks More of nits food clicks'
Featured on Baking is Hot
my foodgawker gallery
Foodista Drink Blog of the Day Badge