Thursday, August 13, 2009

Jangri - Celebrating my 100th post :):):)


Hurray I am done with 100 :) . Blogging started just as a time pass and to keep my recipes on the internet. But now it has made me explore more, learn new stuff and present it well. It does not stop with that, it has given me loads of new friends :) I am really excited and happy to be here on blogger :)

At this juncture I would like to thank all the bloggers and other viewers who encouraged me so much by writing comments and following me. Thanks a million. :)
Planning on more new stuff on my blog. Will be implementing them soon.. keep watching. :)




I am celebrating my milestone with a Jangri. I just love this sweet so much. Every time I had an idea to make it at home, mom kept telling me that it wont work out. This made my senses tickle and badly wanted to challenge over her. So tried it out all by myself just a day before mom reached back home from her trip. I exactly followed the instructions found in Rak's Kitchen. Thanks a lot for the recipe.

She was really excited with it and appreciated me so much with a big hug and a kiss ;) I am sure I cannot get a better certificate for the dish :) :)




Ingredients:

Whole wheat Urad dhall - 3/4 cup
Rice flour (optional) - 1 tsp

Orange food color - a pinch
Salt - a pinch

For sugar syrup:

Sugar - 3/4 cup
Water - Just to immense the sugar
Lemon juice - 1/4 tsp
Rose essence - 4 drops
Orange food color - a pinch

Method:

Soak urad dal for 2 hrs and grind with very little water as we do for grinding vadas.( Approximately less than 1/4 cup).The batter should be fluffy and smooth. Now mix a pinch of salt,food color and rice flour(if desired) and mix well.

Heat the sugar with water just to immerse it and after it starts boiling,let it boil for 3-4 minutes.Add lemon juice, food color and lastly essence and mix well and switch off the stove.

Take a zip lock cover and make a hole with a thin nail as shown in the picture.The hole should be very tiny. Fill half the cover with the batter and first practice doing in a plate. Draw two circle and then over it draw small swirl like circles. Just practice 2-3 times you will get it right.

Then heat a broad, flat bottomed pan(keep the flame in low) with only little oil say 1 inch depth.
The oil should not get fully heated,when it starts forming small bubbles in the bottom, draw jangris in the oil,repeat the same to make many. Once the jangris gets cooked and becomes light, turn over and cook till crisp and then take out carefully and transfer to the sugar syrup. You can use the stick they use for turning paniyaram to take it out carefully.

Dunk the fried jangris in hot sugar syrup for 1-2 minutes and take out carefully and arrange it a plate.Give 1/2 hour standing time.

Yummy Jangris are ready to eat.. :) I bet you just cant stop with one. Enjoy making.. happy eating :)





I am sending this to "just not another dish" event of "Dew drop in the kitchen"


Written by: Nithya
post your queries to fourthsensesamayal@gmail.com

38 comments:

Anuradha said...

Congrats Nithya! Your journey through this blog has been really impressive. Hats off for your performance and innovation!!

Pari Vasisht said...

hi Nithya. Heartiest congrats on 100th post and a great dish. Love it absolutely. I have bookmarked the recipe.

Arti agarwal said...

I loved your recipie.Your presentation forced me to kitchen to try it now.

Maran said...

Great job Nithya!

Excellent quality of receipies and their presentation is even more impressive.

Your meticulous efforts really shows in the blog.

Keep going

Maran

குறை ஒன்றும் இல்லை !!! said...

Congrats.. Thanks..

Unknown said...

Perfect Jangiris, the shape has come out well! Wishing your journey to continue with same happiness!

Chitra said...

COngrats on ur 1ooth post..Love this jangri..Nice shape :) Wish u reach many more hundreds !!

Chitra said...

Hmm,,yummy..I too have a sandwich post for divya's event :)

Sandhya Iyer said...

Aye Nithi! Super.. You've made a century! So has waytha! Awesome jangri di.. Looks yummy.. Maybe I should start liking the sweet :P

GEETHA ACHAL said...

Congrats Nithya......

Jangri looks so yummy....My favorite Sweet...Thanks for the recipe...

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Congrats on your 100th post.

Shama Nagarajan said...

Congrats dear..tempting one...nice presentation

Mangala Bhat said...

Congrats nithya ...Very inviting ...Lovely presenation as always ..:)

Sailaja Damodaran said...

congrats....perfect sweet for the occasion.

Christo Gonzales said...

yipeeee, hooooray, and congratulations - you have made it this far now there is no looking back!

Ann said...

Happy 100 th post..Jangri is apt for the occasion !!

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Congrats Nithya... Jangri looks so good and wish u reach more milestone.

Jyoti V said...

Hi
please accept an award from my blog.

Unknown said...

Congrats Nithya!!Jangri looks out of this world.Looks like store bought..Gud job!!

Parita said...

Congratulations dear :) So u finally made a sweet for your 100th post, i was waiting :) Jangri look so professional! kudos to u and wish u many such milestones in the future!

PriyaRaj said...

Hi Nithya, All ur dishes looks Awesome,it does't seems that u r new to kitchen.......summa thaanay sollureinga......kalkuringa pa....Great job....will often knock ur space.....

Srilakshmi said...

Congratulations on crossing a milestone! Jangri looks so beautiful! This is one of my fav sweets (amongst the other 101 sweets I have in my mind :-D ) - Keep up the good work and wish you cross all kinds of milestones in the future :-)

Anu said...

Congratulation dear... Jangri looks mouthwatering..... Looks delicious, yummy dear...

VineelaSiva said...

Wow nitya congrats on ur 100 th post.Please accept the award and tags from my blog dear.

Unknown said...

Congrats! Cute way to celebrate a milestone. Never knew making jangri was so easy!

Sanghi said...

Congrats for hitting century Nithya! Perfect jangris to celebrate!

Vedha said...

Congratulations!!!

Indian Khana said...

Looks mouth watering...Congrats on your milestone perfect way to celebrate. And hey you ask me to check ur blog when I have time!! I have come and commented here so many times gal...you didn't realize I guess :p..thanks for visiting my space..

vidhas said...

Congrats on your 100th post Nithya. Jhangiri is in perfect shape and yummy.

Renus Kitchen said...

congratulations for your 100th post....and ur jangiris look just awesome. Very neatly done. Good work

Aruna Manikandan said...

Hi Nithya,

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
Ur blog is really very cute with wonderful recipies and beautiful pictures.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

amna said...

such perfect shapes, loved them! also love ur blog template :)

Jen Kumar said...

Within 100 you are amazing, past 100 you will be out of this world! I am awaiting the wonder of Nithya!!

sathya said...

congrats nithya! jangiri looks perfect.

kamalabhoopathy said...

CONGRATS!for your 100th post.Wishing you more mile stones like this.

Divya Kudua said...

Congrats on your 100th post.Jangiri looks perfect!!

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

congrats on your 100th post. Jangiri looks so lovely and yummy.

Raks said...

Oh,I dont know how I missed this post,thanks so much for trying out and posting here :)

Popular Posts

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
nits food clicks' items tagged with nitsclicks More of nits food clicks'
Featured on Baking is Hot
my foodgawker gallery
Foodista Drink Blog of the Day Badge