Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cabbage Coriander Aromatic Curry



Cabbage Spinach Curry3
Decoration: Used my favorite little plastic bonsais to decorate the dish. :)

My taste buds are extremely choosy and so is my nose. :) They get so excited to some ingredients like coriander and garlic. When the aromatic ingredients blend along with healthy vegetables, I am sure no one can just resist eating.

One such simple and awesome blend is this cabbage curry. Try it out and you would never regret. Happy and healthy cooking :)



Cabbage Spinach Curry2


Ingredients:


Chopped Cabbage - 1 cup
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup

Green chillies - 2

Onion - 1

Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
Garlic - 3 pods
Bengal gram dhall - 1 tbl sp

Salt
Curry leaves



Cabbage Spinach Curry


Method:


Cook the chopped cabbage and Bengal gram dhall separately and keep it aside. Grind coriander leaves, green chillies and ginger together into a fine paste without adding water to it. Now take a spoon of oil in a pan and season with mustard and curry leaves. Then add diced onion and finely chopped garlic to it and fry till onion turns golden brown. Add the cooked cabbage, Bengal gram dhall and saute it for few more min. Finally add the ground coriander paste and mix well.

Aromatic cabbage curry is ready to eat :)


Serve it with ghee rice or curd rice. Happy making :)



Cabbage Spinach Curry1


I am happy to send my Poppy seed halwa to Think spice event conducted by Radhika of Food for seven stages of life. Think spice is a lovely event started by Sunitha.




And I am sending Masala pori to Tea time snack event conducted by Simple Indian Food blog.



Written by: Nithya
post your queries to fourthsensesamayal@gmail.com

35 comments:

Perspectivemedley said...

Very nice :) .. I do this without the coriander paste. Excellent idea, next time I do this, will add the paste to it... should be very very aromatic!.. thank you.

Anu said...

Very nice one...

chef and her kitchen said...

nice n simple curry dear...

Renus Kitchen said...

very unique recipe....would love to try this one

Rekha shoban said...

nice click and wonderful presentation!

Sreelekha Sumesh said...

Nice recipe..lovely pics:)

Priya Suresh said...

Awesome, such a new crurry..will try out soon..

Sandhya Hariharan said...

Lovely click as usual.... Coriander must b aromatic na.. in the cabbage...

Tina said...

Nice recipe with lovely cute clickssssss.

SE said...

hey..this looks fantastic..awesome clicks!

ann low said...

Looks good with simple recipe :D

Latha said...

Nice recipe....lovely clicks as usual.

Malar Gandhi said...

Dear,

Pictures are so adorable:)

Shared an Award with you. Please feel free to collect them.:)

suvaiyaana suvai said...

nice presentation!!

Unknown said...

very aromatic and delicious curry nice pic.

Ammu said...

Nice pictures & very tempting dish.

Sarah Naveen said...

Nicely presented as usual...
Lovely yummy recipe..

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

Very homely recipe my dear..perfect with some variety rice:)

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Thats really wonderful curry nithi , me too do this curry I add some mint leaves too. True this is really aromatic curry.

Jen Kumar said...

Yum. I like the second photo best!

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Nice pictures and creativity. Photos are eye catching

Parita said...

Yummy and flavorful curry dear....love the second pic, its excellent!

Siri said...

I know there are people who wriggle their noses when they hear the word 'cabbage'.. but for me this is heaven.. esp if you wanna take a break from heavy masalas and spicy curries.
.. the curry looks very appetizing Nithya. lovely blog you have here.

Happy Holidays.

Siri

Shama Nagarajan said...

nice different one

Gita Jaishankar said...

I too love coriander flavor, I add it in almost everything :) Your curry sounds and looks flavorful and delicious :)

Raks said...

Indeed new recipe! I too wud like to try out new flavors with cabbage,thanks for sharing!

nirupamasundar said...

nithya, what a wonderful photograph, r u learning photography, keep it up. Will u people specially yearn to select wonderful cutlery

priya said...

Hi dear,

Please accept the award from my blog!

my kitchen said...

Cabbage along with coriander sounds good,tasty.Do visit my blog when u find time

Dolly Sharma said...

Wow, LOve ur Cabbage Coriander Curry..Talk abt it being Aromatic I can smell it till here.. Must taste delish too. Absolutely beautiful Clicks and love ur BOnsai.

Thanks so much for all the wonderful words for my Gingerbread house. I'm really touched and it means a lot.. Also I was hoping that if Nithya would have taken the pics my house would have become more beautiful..and glamorous.

parkforall said...

nice presentation looks yummy!!

Anupama said...

Yet another different and tasty preparation with cabbage. Adding coriander is very new to me. I've always made cabbage plain curry or with onions

Perspectivemedley said...

I finally did this today, extremely aromatic and niceeee! we loved it!!! thank you! :)

Sapthanaa Vytheswaran said...

hey nithi iam gona try this one tomorrow.. when i post will link back to ur site.. thanks for this idea da.

Sapthanaa Vytheswaran said...

I have cooked this recipe today.. came out too well.. thanks to u.. and also have posted on my site

http://abikitchen.blogspot.com/2010/04/cabbage-corriander-poriyal.html

Popular Posts

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
nits food clicks' items tagged with nitsclicks More of nits food clicks'
Featured on Baking is Hot
my foodgawker gallery
Foodista Drink Blog of the Day Badge