Monday, November 16, 2009

Spicy Rajma Gravy



Rajma Gravy1


I am a person who is really biased towards tongue than my health. ;) Because I believe in living for the day. But mom and dad say living for tomorrow is my virtue too. Oh yeah right, I have loads to be done in life and I have to live healthy for that.

Isn't that awesome if I can balance between the both and make a tasty as well as healthy dish!

Here comes my Spicy Rajma gravy with is rich in Protein, Folate, Iron, Phosphorus, Copper, Manganese, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber as well as a grand treat to the tongue. :)


Ingredients:

Rajma (Red Kidney beans) - 1 cup
Tomato - 3
Large Onions - 2
Garlic - 10 pods
Ghee - 1 tsp
Chilly powder - 1 tsp(According to taste)
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
Salt - for taste
Coriander leaves


Rajma Gravy


Method:

Soak rajma in water for 10 hours or over night. Boil for 20 to 25 min in pressure cooker with the same soaked water. Do not throw the water after boiling too, we can use it for the gravy.

Grind onion and garlic into a smooth paste and keep it aside.

Pour 3 tsp of oil and 1 tsp of ghee in a pan and fry the onion garlic paste for a while. Now add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder and salt to it and fry till the oil separates. Reduce the flame and add finely chopped tomatoes to it and fry till it gets cooked. Add boiled rajma and enough water and cook for ten more min. Finally sprinkle coriander leaves. Spicy rajma curry is ready to eat. :)

You can serve it with plain rice or chapathi. :)


Rajma Gravy2



A wholehearted thanks to Mrs.Menagasathia of Sashiga for honoring my blog with this award. Thanks a lot for your encouragement. :)

I would like to pass it to all my lovable followers. :)




Written by: Nithya
post your queries to fourthsensesamayal@gmail.com

41 comments:

Finla said...

Rajma looks yumm and i am in love with that bear.

Gita Jaishankar said...

Lovely and cute presentation Nithya....the dish also looks very delicious :)

GEETHA ACHAL said...

Looks so tempting...this teddybear loves your rajma gravy so much..
me toooo....

Nice clicks...

Jen Kumar said...

Nithya this is great!
I have a doubt. Far as soaking beans, it seems kidney beans take the most time? Would you say this is true- white chenna takes least, then kidney? What about black chenna? Would this be more or less than kidney beans?
For now, since I am in US I am sticking to the canned kidney beans because I haven't mastered the dried ones... ;)

Sunitha said...

You said it right! Eye catching, tasty and healthy all rolled into one. Way to go!

Sailaja Damodaran said...

Nice presentation.Interesting gravy without even a spice/garam masala.

ann low said...

WOW! So yummy and I like the cute bear.

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

Pakumbothe sapdanum pole iruku!!goes well with rotis and very cute presentation :D

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Lovely presentation of Rajma masala with the teddy bear.

Sandhya Hariharan said...

Tempting.... Rajma... N cuddly teddy :)

Menaga Sathia said...

Lovely and cute presentation Nithya!!

Unknown said...

Looks lovely, very beautiful presentation.

Anu said...

Lovely presentation.. Looks tempting..

Uma said...

Gorgeous presentation as always :) Rajma curry looks sooo tempting.

Unknown said...

Such a yummy and healthy food!!! Lovely and cute presentation Nithya.

Priya Suresh said...

Rajma gravy looks too delicious and prefect, lovely presentation as ever..

suvaiyaana suvai said...

nice presentation looks yummy!!!

Dolly Sharma said...

Great Presentation as always. Healthy and delicious. Love Rajma Chawal. Your Bear loves it too !!!

Tulip said...

Both the dish and the teddy looks great !! very yummy :) I love your presentations !! :)

I have shared some awards with you, please collect them from my blog. :)

Parita said...

I make exactly the same way but without garlic :-)
Oh that teddy is so cute :-)

Tina said...

So tempting and cute clicks dear...beautiful.

Unknown said...

Luv rajma curry...the teddy looks soo cute! Need to tell u, u r a presentation queen!

Raks said...

Pretty presentation dear :)

nirupamasundar said...

nithya, It is always necessary to soak, drain and then cook pulses as soaking releases someantinutritional factors like trypsin inhibitors and phylates which redices the digestibility of protein and hinder with the absorption of other nitrients.so do not use the same soaked water for cooking pulses. alwys fresh water is preferred

Rohini said...

// I am a person who is really biased towards tongue than my health. // Me too, me too!!!! :)

Rajma gravy looks wonderful, I have soaked some Rajma for tonight's dinner, I'll try this one (no doubt it will taste great!) and link it back to you!!!

More than the rajma, I loved that cute Teddy!! :D

Shama Nagarajan said...

nice gravy..nice presentation

Latha said...

Lovely presentation......dish looks yumm.

Padhu Sankar said...

Rajma Gravy looks yummy and lovely presentation.Teddy bear looks cute.

Cool Lassi(e) said...

hey, thanks for visiting my spot.I am following you right back.. lovely collection and such artistic way of presenting the food too..I say(in Abhiyum Naanum style)"antha Rajammma-vai konjum oothu". lol..i will swing by more often.

Sarah Naveen said...

oooh!!!! Gravy looks awesome!!!
Excellent presentation..U are such a creative soul!!!!

Unknown said...

Simple,delicious n healthy gravy...as usual wonderful presentation

shahana said...

Cute presentation!!!!

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

i prefer rajma with rice .Well presented.

Anupama said...

Such a cute teddy that is... and I feel like snatching the bowl from him and having it all for myself :-)

Abhilash Pillai said...

Super decoration dear...

I thought to prepare Rajma yesterday but my friend said he does not like it. :(

Frinds tantra... what to do

Anu Nandu said...

Nithya - the bear is way too sweet to be holding Spicy rajma - give him some sweet gulab jamoon instead.

Love that rajma - and enakkum nakku neelam dhan..when it comes to food! My heart does the thinking and feeling and not my mind!

Aruna Manikandan said...

Rajma looks yummy !!!!!!!!
lovely presentation dear

Yasmeen said...

I agree,its wise to have a balance of both taste and health.Teddy with rajma is a cute idea :D

Aruna Manikandan said...

Hi Nithya,

Kindly pick up the award rom my blog dear

Aruna Manikandan said...

Hi Nithya

Kindly pick up the award from my blog dear

with luv,
ArunaManikandan

my kitchen said...

yum yum Rajma,Pass that bowl to me. Teddy looks cute

Popular Posts

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
nits food clicks' items tagged with nitsclicks More of nits food clicks'
Featured on Baking is Hot
my foodgawker gallery
Foodista Drink Blog of the Day Badge