Sunday, August 9, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies and Awards



Digging into the history of my experiments, If you remember I had planned to make Irish potato candy for which I had got this peanut butter. Since I had the biggest flop show of turning it into disaster halwa, I had the peanut butter waiting to change its form for quite some time. So here is my cookies that amazingly turned out well. ;)

Ingredients:

Peanut butter - 1 cup
Butter - 1/3 cup
Light brown sugar - 1 cup
Egg - 1
Milk - 3 tblsp
Vanilla extract - 2 tbsp
All purpose flour (Maida) - 1 3/4 cup
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp




Method:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F(190 degrees C). In a medium bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in egg, milk and vanilla. Now sift flour, baking soda and salt together and then stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended. Now make small balls and press them with your hand and place it on the bake ware. Bake for 8 to 10 min. Once done transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

You can add your favorite topping to the cookies like cashews, almond, Hershey's kisses chocolates or even Cadbury gems. This makes it look more interesting. :)
Peanut butter cookies is ready to eat. :) Enjoy making, happy eating :)



And now I should really thank Parita , Vineela Siva and Preethi for passing such cute awards to me along with a tag. Here it goes


Thanks a lot for the awards. :) It makes me fly...

Answers to the tag :

1.what is your current obsession?
Cooking!

2. What are you wearing today?
Cargoes and a Tee

3. What’s for dinner?
Ghee rice with veg kuruma

4. What’s the last thing you bought?
Art papers

5. What are you listening to right now?
Oye telugu movie songs by Yuvan

6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Parita - She is one of my best blogger buddy for now. She is absolutely friendly and really really sweet. :) I love her baking creations. She rocks. :)

Preethi - She is absolutely enthusiastic and a regular blogger unlike us. She is too friendly and always encourages me by commenting on my dishes. I guess there is no post without her comments in my blog. Thanks a lot for your support my sweet friend. :)

7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Chennai - India. (will never want to leave my mother land) :)

8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Cotton pants, Tee's, cotton salwars, skirts etc

9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
London

10. Which language do you want to learn?
Telugu - its my mother tongue. But I really dont know to read or write. :(

11. Who do you want to meet right now?
All my friends.. miss them all so much.

12. What is your favorite colour?
Aqua Blue

13. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
A yellow churidar

14. What is your dream job?
Astronaut who can really fly to the space like Kalpana Chawala

15. What’s your favourite magazine?
Aanandha Vikadan

16. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Clothes

17. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Badly matched clothes

18. Who are your style icons?
None.

19. Describe your personal style?
Indo western and simple.

21. What are your favourite movies?
Loads.. Kannathil muthamittal, Anbe sivam, Jab we met, Jaaney tu, Bomarillu, Osthanatey odhantana, Ice age, Finding Nemo etc etc

22. Give us three styling tips that always work for you:
Dress simple and neat. A dignified look attracts more than funky ones.

23. Coffee or tea?
No No. Complan :)

24. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Listen to music or talk to friends.

25. What is the meaning of your name?
Prosperity everyday :)

26. Which other blogs you love visiting?
All the blogs that I follow.

27. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Chocolate truffle with vanilla ice cream

28. Favorite Season?
Winter

29. What gift would please you the most now?
SLR camera.... I badly want one. ;)

30: Which is your favorite international cuisine ?
Italian and Chinese

31. Your favorite kitchen tool?
A spoon.. ;)

I have changed the dream destination question to what gift can please you the most now?

My question: Who loves your cookery the most?

The rules are:
Respond and rework – answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, and add one more question of your own. Then tag eight or ten other people.

I am nominating all my blogger friends for this award. :)

Written by: Nithya
post your queries to fourthsensesamayal@gmail.com

29 comments:

Parita said...

Hey nithya dear, congratulations on your awards, very very well deserved! Hey i used to have complan and bornvita too when back in india :) You too like Ice Age? heheheh its been one of my all time fav movie :)

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

Recipe of my son's favorite ingredient peanut butter..will prepare them for him once his health is good..wasn't sure how to cheer and speed up his recovery..thanks for sharing this easy recipe..

Jen Kumar said...

I love peanut butter cookies. Haven't had in a long time!

Priya Suresh said...

Gorgeous peanut butter cookies Nithya, nice to know more about u yaar!

Pari Vasisht said...

Hi Nithya ! This is my first time here. You have a lovely blog dear. Congrats on your awards. You truly deserve them.

Dhanya Ganesh said...

Congrats dear. Peanut butter cookies looks yummy.

Unknown said...

Congrats on u'r award!!Nice reading abt u..Yummy peanut butter cookies and as usual nice presentation

Shri said...

Congrats Nithya!I thought you were a Tamilian...Nice to know its your mother tongue!

sathya said...

Wonderful cookies nithya. congrats on your award !
great to know about you :)

Nandinis food said...

Congrats on your award! Yummy Cookies and nice presentation!

Abhilash Pillai said...

Sory Nithya, was far to blog and could not find the new recipes that came on your blog.

I like peanuts, butter and cookies... and if alltogether .. awsome

Will try this at home..

But a saying goes.. for peanuts you will get only monkeys... is this post to attract them...


shey..! I also fell into the trap is it? :D kidding

This is a good oneand will try find recipes for paniyaram and will try to make it...

Sanghi said...

Cookies look great! Try participating in my FIL-Milk event dear!:)

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Cookies looks fantastic and yummy. Congrats on your award.

Divya Kudua said...

Cookies look very pretty Nithya..:).I have tried making cookies out of PB too and loved it..loved reading through your tag and congrats on your awards..:)

Unknown said...

Cookies look adorable. I have tried a recipe from the betty crocker site. Love PB cookies. And great reading your meme.

Karine said...

These peanut butter cookies look delicious!

Thanks to have visited my blog! :)

Uma said...

those are some yummy tempting cookies Nithya! Please pass me some :) Congrats on your awards!!

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Looks good and good clicks. Congrats on your award too.

kittymatti said...

they have turned out perfect dear..
Very nice reading about u!

Vedha said...

7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Chennai - India. (will never want to leave my mother land) :)

--> I'm loving it!!!

And our favorite movies match a lot!

And yes, I'm coming to the alumni meet...to see all you people! So betta be there!

Abhilash said...

Nits thank you for the comments...

As you discuss about Harry potter and Jk rowling please go through this post too and let me have your comments.

http://abhilifelapazzo.blogspot.com/2009/07/harry-puttar-harry-potter-or-hermaine.html

Purva Desai said...

I simply love peanut butter....cookies have turned out really crunchy and cripsy....they look gorgeous

Mangala Bhat said...

wow! nice post ! Nice to know about u ! very nice

Bhawna said...

Cookies looks too good Picture with M&M is really yummy. Nice to know about you.

Usha said...

Cookies look amazing...congrats on your awards ! Fun reading and getting to know more about you :-)

Ammu said...

Cookies looks delicious. Congrag on ur awards. Keep rocking.

SnacksGiving said...

Oh boy! Do I love the look of these cookies or what - this is something I am craving right now!
They look nice and colourful!

Lisa Turner said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words! I've enjoyed looking through your archives.

These cookies look just perfect. They remind me of the ones my mom used to make.

Popular Posts

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
nits food clicks' items tagged with nitsclicks More of nits food clicks'
Featured on Baking is Hot
my foodgawker gallery
Foodista Drink Blog of the Day Badge