Thursday, November 19, 2009

Moar Kali (Butter milk & rice flour patty)



Amarthapazham1
Decoration: Used rice flour to decorate around the plate


Moar kali is a very interesting Indian snack. Its tangy and spicy which really makes it yummmm on a rainy cold day. :)

A simple dish to fill your snack hunger. :)


Ingredients:

Rice flour - 1 cup
Soar curd - 1 cup

Water - 2 cups

Green chillies - 3

Mustard - 1/2 tsp

Channa dhall - 1/2 tsp

Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp

Oil - 2 tbl sp

Curry leaves

Salt - for taste



Amarthapazham2

Method:

Mix curd, water and rice flour together. Grind the chillies to make a paste. Add the chilly paste, salt and asafoetida to the mixture and mix well.

Now in a pan take 2 tblsp of oil and season with mustard, channa dhall and curry leaves. Once it splutters, add the flour mixture to it and keep mixing till it becomes thick and translucent. It will take around 15 min to get cooked.


Now take a ladle full of the kali and pat it to a wet cloth in circular shape using wet hand. Yummy moar kali is ready to eat.


Serve it with idly chilly powder. :) Happy snacking :)



Amarthapazham


Now for event entries:

I am happy to send 4 of my rice dishes to EFM- Variety rice series at Srikitchen.

For event


And I am sending my Chinese Gyoza to "Its a vagan world - Chinese" event by Vaishali.

Chinese gyoza



And a big thanks to Aruna Manikandan for nominating me for this cute award. It encourages me a lot. :)

I would love to nominate all my fellow bloggers for this award since its a big effort to blog and all of them are good at something or the other. Love you all. :)





Written by:
Nithya
post your queries to fourthsensesamayal@gmail.com




32 comments:

priya said...

wow....patty looks so new to me...delicious!..perfect entries for the event, dear...u have a great sense of creativity!..love the way u present it!!

Padhu Sankar said...

We use to prepare Moar kazhi at home and I love to eat this just like that.

Pari Vasisht said...

This is completely new to me. It seems a healthy, light snack.

Kanchan said...

One more very new dish to me from you ! You rock dear .. these are perfect with awesome clicks :)

Sushma Mallya said...

Nice snack...

nirupamasundar said...

, use half arisi maavu and half wheat flour next time and try, u can put pieces like cake in this proportion

Latha said...

These patties are very new to me...is it a speciality of any particular place.

Tina said...

Its a new recipe to me....Nice clicks and presentation....

My cooking experiments said...

Amruthapalam is a fav of mine but don't do it very often because of the big process.You made it sound so easy.Surprised that you called it amruthapalam because when i used to say it nobody knew what the dish was.A good one!

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Oh wow nithi thats my fav one.. looks so tempting. Thats nice click too. Can you pass 2 amruthapalam here ???????????????

Gita Jaishankar said...

This is new to me Nithya...very healthy snack too...love your awesome presentation :)

Deepti said...

I always admire ur presentation dear...its nice to see variety everytime.

Unknown said...

Looks so delicious, what a lovely presentation.

Sailaja Damodaran said...

Congrats.....Nice event recipes.My mouthwatering seeing these pictures.

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Lovely idea of flattening the Mor kali. By the by it is Moar kaLi and not kazhi.

Anu said...

Looks so delicious.. Lovely presentation

Nithya said...

Thanks a lot Shanthi aunty for the right spelling :) Really dint know.. We used to call it as amruthapalam in telugu. :)

Vidhya said...

Kali looks really tempting Nithya. This is my all time favorite evening tiffin. My patti used to make it in a large plate and ask me and my cousin to cut it in different shapes (just as we do for cookies now). Its fun and as you said yummm............

Anu Nandu said...

Wow..stunning! You make a classic look very classy. Looks awesome!

Priya Suresh said...

Mor Kali had it long back..;Urs looks fantastic...lovely presentation...

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

i love this a lot,when my mom was here almost every alternative day i asked her to make this.Paaties look nice.
We also make using wheat flour too.

Unknown said...

first timer here..am a tamilian too..love mor kali upma..[my paatti calls it that way..:)]..she makes it real well..yu,m!

Rekha shoban said...

wow...nice presentation...health.

Parita said...

Wow this is something new to me buddy :-)
Healthy and delicious snacks!

Rohini said...

Thanks for sharing such lovely traditional recipes dear.. I remember having this sometime when I was a child but after seeing your post I am really tempted to do this now..
As always excellently presented!! :)

Dolly Sharma said...

Love your presentation. YOu come up with something new all the time.

This is something new to me too but I checked with my husband(he's tamilian) and he's had this b4. He's surprised when nowadays I tell him abt all these cool recipe names..thanks to all you guys.

Sh... said...

Excellent presentation. Its so simple to make, but one of the most delicious dish I had ever tasted. We use more milagai instead of the green chillis that's the only difference..

Priya dharshini said...

luks delicious..

GEETHA ACHAL said...

à®®ிகவுà®®் à®…à®°ுà®®ையாக இருக்கின்றது....எப்பொà®´ுதுà®®் போல படங்கள் à®…à®°ுà®®ை..

my kitchen said...

after a long time i saw Moar kali, Remembering my mom.Looks really good

Swarna said...

Never heard of this dish but looks intersting. Pls do visit my blog..glad I am following u.

Anupama said...

Moar kali is my favorite... I used to make it regularly about an year back and totally forgot about it (don't ask me how though ;-))... I'm going to start making this again... it tastes heavenly na??!!!

Popular Posts

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
nits food clicks' items tagged with nitsclicks More of nits food clicks'
Featured on Baking is Hot
my foodgawker gallery
Foodista Drink Blog of the Day Badge